Information Report Blog Post Term 2 2016
WALT inform others about an animal/creature or habitat, through our writing.
- Create a title.
- Write a general introduction.
- Use Subheadings -Each new topic is a new paragraph.
- Use facts written in your own words.
- Write a conclusion.
- Use descriptive verbs eg hovers.
- Use topic specific nouns eg kakapo, reptile
- Include technical words eg nocturnal, monotreme
- Write in present tense.
- Vary the sentence beginnings.
- Use complex sentences eg This long, sticky tongue secretes sticky glycoprotein rich mucus, which insects stick to readily.
Sea Turtles are one of the most ancient creatures and part of the Reptile family and an amniote still living, they outlasted dinosaurs and there used to be a lot but sadly they are endangered. There are 6 out of 7 sea turtle species.
Another thing about them is they have big thick shells that protects them from predators, they can grow up to 2 meters. They have rear flippers that they use to bury their eggs in a hole. They can breathe air and they have big dark eyes and they are amniotes. An amniote is an animal that has a self contained egg.
They are omnivorous (meat and plant eating) they eat jellyfish, seaweed, crabs, shrimp, sponges, snails, and algae. The hawksbill Sea Turtle has a beak to help it to hunt its prey in the crevice by using its beak.
They live in every ocean throughout the world. They remain solitary until they mate. Leatherbacks are capable of withstanding the coldest water temperatures.
Although they are critically endangered creatures humans are still killing them for their meat and eggs.
My next step is vary the sentence beginnings in my next writing