This story is about Raphael, Gardo and Rat (Jun-Jun). Raphael was sifting through trash and he found a wallet that had a lot of money and Raphael gave half to Gardo. Then the police came after a few days because the wallet Raphael found had a criminal evidence.....
If you want to know more then read the book.
Monday, 24 July 2017
Monday, 3 July 2017
Current Events Term 2, 2017
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is:
- Year7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.
My Next Step is to continue to apply the reading and research skills that I have learned in a variety of other areas.
Copy and paste this onto your blog
Blog Post Title: Music Term 2
For Music this term, three things I learnt were:
1. Musicians form all around the world
3. Mother nature rap
Something I found challenging was rapping in front of my class
Sunday, 25 June 2017
C.V. Blog POst Template
Blog Post Title: Careers Education C.V. Writing
Copy and paste all of the text below into a new blog post.
In CAREERS EDUCATION we have been learning to write a skills based Curriculum Vitae.
A skills based C.V. focuses more on the skills that we have, rather than our work history.
Here is a link to our online Modelling Book that shows the process we have followed.
Three things that I have learned about writing a Curriculum Vitae are:
- Is a brief (usually but not always) account of a person’s education, qualifications, previous work experience and other useful previous experience.
- Is submitted when a person applies for a job and gives employers an idea of the suitability of a person for a particular job.
- Promotes you as the right person for the job and should make an employer want to find out more about you ie. offer you a face to face interview.
Monday, 12 June 2017
Evaluate Texts Blog Post template
In reading we have been learning to….apply some criteria to evaluate texts eg accuracy of information and presence of bias.
Here is a link to our online modelling book
We have been evaluating texts against the following four criteria:
- Quality of language/ information.
These documents show evidence of my learning during this unit:
(link your own learning for each of these activities. Please make sure your sharing settings are open)
My Next Step: Is to continue to apply this new knowledge and evaluate texts as I read them, checking for readability, accuracy, relevance and quality of language/ information